150 g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
1 cup caster sugar
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup plain flour
¾ cup Milo
To make icing (optional)
1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp butter, softened
2 tbsp boiling water
- 公关eheat your oven to 160°C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper allowing plenty to hang over the edges – this will help you to remove the brownies once they are cooked.
- In a large saucepan (you want it to be big enough to add the extra ingredients to later), melt the butter, sugar and cocoa powder over a low heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla extract and eggs, whisking the mixture as you go.
- Sift the flour into the saucepan, then add the Milo and whisk to combine.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Place the brownies into the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool in the tin. Sift together the cocoa powder and icing sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add the softened butter and pour the boiling water directly over the butter.
- Whisk together all ingredients until a smooth and spreadable consistency. If you find your icing is still a little firm, add an extra teaspoon of boiling water.
Top the completely cool brownies with icing. Spread the icing out using a spatula or butter knife until the brownies are covered.